Upcoming Changes to News Server ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Date
Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Due to recent action by Google concerning the comp.databases.postgresql.*
hierarchy, we are going to make some changes that should satisfy just
about everyone ... over the next 24hrs or so, traffic *to*
comp.databases.postgresql.* from the mailing lists will cease and be
re-routed to pgsql.* instead ... on our server (and we encourage others to
do the same), the comp.* groups will be aliased to the new pgsql.*
hierarchy, so that posts to the old groups will still get through ...

In order to improve propogation, as always, we welcome anyone wishing to
carry these groups to email usenet@hub.org to get added on as a direct
peer ...

----