Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 12:47:01PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > You're also missing NZ and English-speaking Canada. Perhaps it might be
> > politic to list the US and Australian contacts as covering those
> > countries also?
>
> Hmmmm ... yeah.  Mind you, if we had a French-speaking Canadian contact, they
> would be separate.

If we don't have anyone from Canada, and are going to stand on the
"European French" listing, then I can take Canada.  I'd _really_
prefer to point Canadian fraoncophones at the European francophones,
though, because while I can happily talk jouale for hours, my
technical French is flat-out bad.  And the English Canadian press is
used to talking to Americans about technology.

> > I thought Afilias was actually an Irish company...
>
> Nope.

Actually, yep.  Afilias most certainly is an Irish company.  It's
just that most of our technical folks work from our Toronto office.

> > I'm in the same timezone as SouthAfrica, and it is common for the UK to

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie