Re: Where is src/interfaces/libpgtcl? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From L J Bayuk
Subject Re: Where is src/interfaces/libpgtcl?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:06:53AM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Is anyone of these three projects a real descendant from the source in
> pg-7, or has that code reach ond-of-line completely?

The "Gborg pgtcl" project started from the PostgreSQL bundled libpgtcl
code.  The "Gborg pgtcl-ng" project started from both the PostgreSQL
bundled libpgtcl code and an earlier version of the "Gborg pgtcl" code.
So I would say both are descendants of the PostgreSQL bundled code, which
will be removed from the distribution starting with PostgreSQL 8.0.

The "Gborg pgintcl" project (the pure-Tcl one) started from scratch, by me,
in 1998. It is not a descendant of anything.