Re: PostgreSQL in the press again - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:05:21AM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:

> In the case of eRServer, the way the snapshot system was constructed
> led to "gratuitous memory use," and that's not an obvious result of
> either 1. or 2.

Something else that's worth noting: erserver was designed against
PostgreSQL 7.1.  So it had a number of limitations it was working
with that we, in happier later days, don't have to worry about any
more.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland