Re: News group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: News group
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:43:04AM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> and I see also the existence of comp.database.postgresql.projects.slony1 on
> news.us.postgresql.org that is not on news.fr.postgresql.org and neither on
> that
> web forum.
>
> I really think that this in an area that deserve improvements.

I don't really want to get dragged into the whole newsgroup
flame-fest, but if you think that it needs improvement, the best way
to get that improvement is either to get comp.* groups through a CFV
and included properly in the hierarchy (in which case propogation
shouldn't be an issed), or use the alt.* hierarchy (ditto).  I'm
getting a little annoyed that a community which prides itself on
cleaving to the SQL standards is being so completely cavalier about
the conventions of another important Net community (Usenet).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner