Re: UHH - what?? bad date answer suddenly - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: UHH - what?? bad date answer suddenly
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Wednesday 20 October 2004 10:40, RK wrote:
> Hi all!
> How could it postgresql on cygwin suddenly started to answer a bad date.
> Server was running on cygwin for months (!) by now.
> But from today it started to anser bad date to freguently called
> now()  funtion.
> for
> SELECT NOW() it answered:  2004-08-31.......  ????
> What has happened?
> After restarting everything became just fine again
> cygwin, 7.3 postgresql

PostgreSQL just returns system time for now(), so most likely something
happened with your system time.  Only other thing I could think of would be
you were select now() in a transaction that had been open for a few months,
but that seems unlikely.

--
Robert Treat