Re: Which platfform do you recommend? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Which platfform do you recommend?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
El Vie 15 Oct 2004 14:53, Alvaro Herrera escribió:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:51:37AM -0700, Evan Rempel wrote:
> > Do you have a reference for the post that Chris Browne made?
> > I would be very interested to see the performance differences for the
> > different filesystems.
>
> http://www.pgsql.ru
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01692.php

What about if the FS is over a RAID? How important is the FS choice in those
cases?

And by the way, what's the best RAID configuration for a database with fairly
equal reads vs. writes?

--
 16:45:02 up 33 days,  7:03,  2 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.32, 0.26
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'