Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 29 September 2004 17:34, Josh Berkus wrote:
> People:
> PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and
> distribution without fees for both commercial and non-commercial
> applications.

> both ... and vs. either ... or is a wierd one in English, and I suspect
> national in usage.

Fees is correct for both ... and, where fee in the singular is correct for
either ... or.  However, I must admit to some boolean bias, since the wording
implies in a boolean sense that the software needs to be both commercial and
noncommercial.

Either both and or either or work.  (sorry for the spaghetti)  The meaning is
different.  Either meaning fits our purposes, methinks.

Oh, I happen to moonlight as an English grammar teacher, so I have done some
real research on this.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology