Re: Server unreliability - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Server unreliability
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

>   /I think mirroring of the web & FTP sites helped hub.org too much,
>   but I still agree with you. Do you have any suggestions for that?
>   Who would/could support/donate such a bandwidth?
>
>   /
>
> I'm always willing to donate such things.  I've got about 80mbit unused
> right now./

a few things to note ... the only 'critical' thing right now that can't be
mirrored is the cvsroot/mailing lists ... web and ftp are both well
mirrored, and, in fact, ftp.postgresql.org is on a seperate network/server
that I have ... archives was also moved there, and over the next few days,
will be pointed to one of commandprompt's web sites ...

in fact, bittorrent, ftp and archives are all on a US based server ...
what I'd like to do is setup www.postgresql.org to point, via dns round
robin, to the www.us.* mirrors, so that hits to it are more load balanced,
but that requires some major changes to the mirrors themselves, and few of
them are configured to recognize a virtual host of www.postgresql.org
right now, as I found out not too long ago :(

----