Re: CVS configure failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: CVS configure failure
Date
Re: CVS configure failure  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I get this failure on current CVS running configure --with-python:
> >
> >     checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> >     checking for Python distutils module... no
> >     configure: error: distutils module not found
> >     gmake: *** [config.status] Error 1
> >
> > I have python 1.5(1.5.2?).
>
> This is the check that I suggest to add recently :-(
> See the thread "x86_64 configure problem" on hackers
>
> You need to install the distutils, and how I wrote in that thread, it's
> not clear that that module is installed by default when you install
> python.

So distutils is now required to build python?  If that is intended, I
will just skip building python.  I didn't realize we had new
requirements for python, but that is fine.

Pennsylvania19073