Re: SSL Support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kaare Rasmussen
Subject Re: SSL Support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

> I think verification of the server certificates is not supported either.
> SSL only serves for encryption, not authentication or integrity checking
> (which is probably a stupid idea).

I have this feeling that SSL in PostgreSQL isn't category 1 supported if you
can put it that way. Maybe I'm wrong?

Another way to ensure encrypted (and authenticated, I believe) connections is
to use stunnel with PostgreSQL.

I'm not sure which solution is the best. SSL in PostgreSQL is integrated.
Stunnel has the advantage of being more generic. having tried none, I don't
know about performance.

Nordre Fasanvej 12         Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk