Re: How to add locale support for each column? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: How to add locale support for each column?
Date
Re: How to add locale support for each column?  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mahmoud Taghizadeh wrote:
> I have already this mail to PATCHES mailing list and nobody replied
> me !!!., Hope the hackers  and the developers send their ideas.
>
> Qustion: is this approach is suitable for solving the need for locale
> per column in PostgreSQL ?

I doubt that, because 1) it's nonstandard, and 2) switching the locale
at run time is too expensive when using the system library.  It's a
good workaround, though, if it satisfies the requirements of your
application.

--
Peter Eisentraut