Re: LinuxWorld, London Olympia Oct 6th/7th - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: LinuxWorld, London Olympia Oct 6th/7th
Date
Re: LinuxWorld, London Olympia Oct 6th/7th  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
People,

> > > There's a point - the CDs can be put down as promotional materials of
> > > no value, but I don't know about the T-shirts.  Duty would be around
> > > 4% and then there's VAT on the whole lot, including shipping cost.
> >
> > Michael Meskes told me that if you declare it as a gift, you should get
> > away with it.  This is, of course, under the theory of a uniform EU
> > customs code.

Well, the T-shirts are rewards for the volunteers and will not be sold.  The
CDs will be given away for free.   So why would we be charged VAT?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions