Re: Netezza: 27TB of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Netezza: 27TB of PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Netezza: 27TB of PostgreSQL  (Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 13 September 2004 13:22, Joe Conway wrote:
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> >> Thought you'd find this interesting:
> >> http://www.netezza.com/news/media/META-Spectrum-Netezza.pdf
> >
> > Anyone has this pdf? I need it, but could not find it in my hard drive ,
> > and also in web site of netezza.
>
> HTML version from google's cache:
>
> http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Fr_E4Ohu6BIJ:www.netezza.com/news/medi
>a/META-Spectrum-Netezza.pdf+META-Spectrum-Netezza.pdf&hl=en&start=1

Heres a copy of the original.
http://www.netezza.com/analystReports/2004/META-Spectrum-Netezza.pdf

Actually what I thought was also good was
http://www.netezza.com/media/2004/InformationWeek_021604.pdf
which highlights a medical groups transition from IBM's Red Brick database to
Netezza's PostgreSQL based solution for a 1.5 TB data warehouse.  It mentions
that they initially hit a scaleability wall, and then upon switching noticed
that query times had improoved over thier old solution.

--
Robert Treat