New News Entry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Subject New News Entry
Date
List pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?223

Submitted by: press@postgresql.org
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Released
Its been 3 weeks since we\'ve released Beta1, and there have been alot of fixes implemented.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please see:

   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta1-to-Beta2

Story:

Its been 3 weeks since we\'ve released Beta1, and there have been alot of fixes implemented.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please see:

   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta1-to-Beta2

That said, Beta 2 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

        http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ... to go from Beta -> Release, we need as
manypeople out there to put it through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge anyone, and
everyone,to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to

        pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...