PostgreSQL on z/OS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject PostgreSQL on z/OS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

At Linuxworld Expo/SF, I got a chance to talk a bit with one Andrew
Schmidt of IBM about the possibility of porting PostgreSQL to z/OS.

Here's what he asked about.  Any z/OS developers in the house who can
address it?

Cheers,

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Schmidt <andrewds@us.ibm.com> -----

> In mid August, I did make some inquiries about using our ISV
> facilities, but as we do not have for z/OS any 'free' locations, I
> continue to check other avenues.  Could you do me a favor and
> document (doesn't have to be deeply technical) the requirements that
> you would have on such a facility you would need access to in terms
> of software, amount of time, duration of usage, that sort of thing.
>
> Am I to take it, by the way, that this is being requested as a free
> service?  If you are a Partnerworld for Developers member, we
> certainly have for-fee locations that are available to you.
>
> Regards -

> - Andrew
> IBM eServer Solution Offering for Linux (http://ibm.com/servers/enable/)
> http://ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/solutions/s390da/linuxproduct.html
> Phone: (845) 435-6134   Fax (845) 432-9132   Tie Line 8-295-6134
> Building 708 Office 2C3
> andrew_schmidt@us.ibm.com
>
> US Mail:
> IBM Systems and Technology Group, Dept.  Q5CA  Mail Station P389
> 2455 South Road, Poughkeepsie NY  12601-5400

----- End forwarded message -----

phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!