Re: PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Now is the right time to do it, so we can fix any issues uncovered.
>
> If we can then fix them all during beta, Reasoning can publish their
> results at same time as 8.0 goes production.

Quality assessment usually isn't about counting the number of bugs in a
program.  It's about defining procedures and making sure they're
followed.  This is usually difficult with open-source projects; I'll be
interested to see what they have to say.

--
Peter Eisentraut