Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Jussi.Mikkola@bonware.com wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I think it would be a good idea to check how they are using indexes, and what
> the structure of the database is. Missing an index or two can affect quite
> much.

As I'm experiencing with a client right now ... schema hurts alot too ...
all of their queries are bigint = int, so they are having to go through
their code and changing it to bigint = int::bigint so that indices are
being used properly ...