Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 13 August 2004 23:37, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Internally?  I have no idea.  FYI, they are a big computer hardware
> > manufacturer.
>
> Can you find out?  Doing a case study on someone as big and well known as
> Fujitsu, I imagine, would be one helluva boost to the 'who is using it?'
> crowd ... since Fujitsu is already quite public about PostgreSQL in teh
> first place, I wouldn't imagine they would be adverse to such, would they?

Not that I disagree with the above, but linux saw its biggest gains when IBM
announced publicly that they would support it, not when they started using
it.

--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL