Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Agreed ... to me, I see at least three press releases that could be
created:

PostgreSQL RDBMS 8.0.0 and all its new features
Slony as a new replication option
pgFoundry as the new collaborative development environment

the thing with announcing pgFoundry is that it would take some 'sting' out
of your point about eliminating things from the source tree, as what we'd
be doing with pgxs is moving contrib to a more visible development
environment ...

I just feel that Slony is large enough that, again, the focus of ppl
reading the press release is going to be split from what is new as far as
the server is concerned, by drawing ppls eyes to something that, by the
time we release, will be 3 months (or more) old ...