Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Uh, and we are an open source project --- Slony being "open source"
>>> seems like a very notable distinction to me.
>>>

>> Thanks for pointing out what I already had :)
>
> My point was that saying it is the "only thing" that makes it notable is
> to minimize a major point of pushing Slony.  It is "the" notable issue.

Not it isn't, as there are other Open Source replication solutions for
PostgreSQL, as I pointed out before ... Slony is effectively "the fashion
of the day", and next release, there could be 'yet another of the many'
that is that much better ...

----