Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc,

> Also, the PR should be focused around what we are releasing, not side
> projects ... Slony-I isn't part of this release, and, IMHO, isn't
> appropriate as part of the PostgreSQL Server press release ... they should
> be doing their own Press Release for that.  Focus on what *we* are
> releasing, not what another project is releasing ...

Afilias didn't want to do a Slony press release, which is why I want to
mention it in passing in the main release.  Along with several other add-ons.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
    Enterprise vertical business        josh@agliodbs.com
     and data analysis solutions        (415) 752-2500
      and database optimization           fax 752-2387
  utilizing Open Source technology      San Francisco