Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Chris, Ned:

Well, great.   Here's what I see for an outline:

P1: announce landmark 8.0 version, 200 developers.

P2: enterprise features, windows port, contributions by Fujitsu & Afilias,
work with OSDL.

P3: quote from somebody excited about a new feature.

List: Major "enterprise" features:
    Savepoints
    PITR
    Tablespaces
    Memory/I/O overhaul
    Planner improvements

P4: discuss major add-ins: Slony-I, PL/perlNG, PL/Java, etc.
    "more features for dedicated PG users, see full release".

P5: Quote by high-profile PG user about how great PG is.

P6: Quote from someone Afilias or FJ about development.

Closing:  About PG, Links for FJ, Afilias, OSDL.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions