Re: Jan's benchmark suite and Matlab - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Jan's benchmark suite and Matlab
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 06:33:52PM -0500, Steve Bergman wrote:

> FWIW, here is the tail end of the file:
>
> dat.numinteractions = 21338;
> dat.startRU =  1091907248390;
> dat.startMI =  1091907548390;
> dat.startRD =  1091908748390;
> dat.term    =  1091908808390;
> dat.slowDown = 1.0;
> % Errors
> % Total Errors: 0
>
> I understand that RU is the ramp up period, RD is ramp down, and MI is
> measurement interval, and and numbers seem to be time stamps.

Apparently this is in milliseconds, which would mean that your rampup
time was 5 minutes.  Jan once said to me on IRC that you should leave at
least half an hour on rampup, so that the cache structures (ARC buffers)
have time to get useful numbers.

"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...
El problema es que la mentira sí existe y tu estás mintiendo" (G. Lama)