Jan's benchmark suite and Matlab - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Steve Bergman
Subject Jan's benchmark suite and Matlab
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I've successfully completed a preliminary "orientation" run of Jan's
tpcw suite.  And now I'm wondering what to do with the resulting .out
file.  The docs say that it is a matlab function.  So do you have to
have matlab to make sense of the results?  Should Octave work? (I'm not
very familiar with either tool.)  Or is there meaningful info to be
gleaned with only the naked eye?

FWIW, here is the tail end of the file:

dat.numinteractions = 21338;
dat.startRU =  1091907248390;
dat.startMI =  1091907548390;
dat.startRD =  1091908748390;
dat.term    =  1091908808390;
dat.slowDown = 1.0;
% Errors
% Total Errors: 0

I understand that RU is the ramp up period, RD is ramp down, and MI is
measurement interval, and and numbers seem to be time stamps.

So is dat.numinteractions something meaningful?

Thanks,
Steve