Re: pgadmin 3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike G
Subject Re: pgadmin 3
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
try alter table modems add column id serial set default

Set default tells postgres to automatically fill in the column data using a sequence on your behalf.

OID could be used for primary key I suppose.  To use as a foreign key you would manually have to somehow copy the value
intable A and insert into B.  AFAIK system generated OIDS are unique to each table.

HTH

mike