Re: installation: cc and gcc how to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jseymour@linxnet.com (Jim Seymour)
Subject Re: installation: cc and gcc how to?
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Nilabhra=20Banerjee?= <nil_ban@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks a lot.. This much is enough for me....If I get
> some time afterwards I go thru it again.... But I am
> still curious to know about the CFlags variable..what
> are the other values it can take.

The pgsql tarball includes an INSTALL document.  The INSTALL file,
in turn, explains what the CFLAGS variable does.  What's assigned
to CFLAGS is dependent on a number of factors, such as operating
system and version, compiler and version, hardware, etc., etc.

Jim