Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > We can have a major feature deadline, then a minor feature deadline. I
> > particularly liked the idea of 1 July as the major feature deadline,
> > then 14 July as major-feature-tweak deadline. That funnels things better
> > to cater for the manpower available.
>
> That being said, your PITR patch still hasn't been comitted and it's
> well past 1st July.  If I had to drop something from 7.5 right now to
> make a release, then it would have to be PITR!

Well, the problem is that Simon isn't the reason the patch hasn't been
applied.  The reason is that we have had other priorities in reviewing
patches so it doesn't seem fair to single out that feature for
exclusion.

Pennsylvania19073