Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> We can have a major feature deadline, then a minor feature deadline. I
>> particularly liked the idea of 1 July as the major feature deadline,
>> then 14 July as major-feature-tweak deadline. That funnels things better
>> to cater for the manpower available.
>
> That being said, your PITR patch still hasn't been comitted and it's well
> past 1st July.  If I had to drop something from 7.5 right now to make a
> release, then it would have to be PITR!

As Bruce would put it "that would be unfair to Simon", since it isn't his
fault that the patch hasn't been reviewed for commit yet ... if, once
reviewed, it is found to need work, then it should be put off until 7.6
... I'm in Josh's camp on this one, in that Nested Xacts should probably
be pulled since it still needs work :(

----