Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> The reason why this came up -- the *only* reason from my perspective,
> as I was not even aware of the conflict previously -- was that when I
> was soliciting donations for expenses for OSCON/LWE, one possible
> donor expressed concern over spending their money to print the logo
> of another company.

OK, here's another "donor" who expresses his concern about having to
reprint hundreds, possibly thousands, of euros worth of things that
already exist just because someone else has a problem because some
company no one except a few insiders have ever heard of uses the logo
for the very logical reason that it belongs to the product they are
promoting.

--
Peter Eisentraut