Re: Remove email search - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Remove email search
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I also do think that at some point we have to stop relying on hub.org to
> pay our server/bandwidth bills and we have to pay our own way with
> donations by companies.

I think that there are enough shows and conventions that we need a
stronger precense at that donations by companies would be better directed
there ...

Funny thing is, there are only a few of the *core* things that still even
run on hub servers ... search is in australia, ftp/bittorrent and anoncvs
are on a server in the US, and www is *soooo* mirrored that we could point
www to any of a dozen servers in the US ... we've been parcelling things
around over the past 6 months or so, to reduce 'points of failure' and
improve performance ... *shrug*

----