SRA and OSCON costs - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject SRA and OSCON costs
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
First, SRA America in NYC wants to send three staff to OSCON to help in
the PostgreSQL booth and to learn more about open source.  They will be
bringing some free Powergres CDROM's to give away too.  I assume that is
OK.

Second, have folks looked at the costs for OSCON this year?

    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/29/register.html

They want about $400 for _each_ day for session attendance.  Also, the
PostgreSQL sessions are spread throughout three days, rather than being
all one day, so you need a pass for all three days to see all the
sessions.  I don't remember anything like this last year.  They had
expensive tutorials last year, but this year even the sessions are
expensive.  I assume the affect will be that there will be more action
in the exhibit hall than in the sessions.

It seems O'Reilly is going more the way of Linuxworld where there are
sessions but very few people go to them, and all the activity is in the
exhibit hall.