pam authentification trouble ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hervé Piedvache
Subject pam authentification trouble ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

I have a trouble with the pam authentification for PostgreSQL.

I have add in the pg_hba.conf the good line ... and I have create
a /etc/pam.d/postresql file which contains :

auth        required    pam_unix.so nullok_secure
account     required    pam_unix.so

Now like this ... impossible for me to connect to the dabase ... I have
message like this :
Jul  6 13:26:44 zoot arr [local] authentication: (pam_unix) auth could not
identify password for [herve]
Jul  6 13:26:47 zoot arr [local] authentication: (pam_unix) authentication
failure; logname= uid=31 euid=31 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=herve

The only solution I have found to make it running is to put the postgres user
in the shadow group ... to be able to read the /etc/shadow file ...

I think this is not normal ... so please if you have any idea to solve my
trouble ... I'll be very pleased ...

I'm using linux, on Debian Woody ... but using my own compilation of
PostgreSQL v7.4.3.

Regards,
--
Hervé Piedvache