Major PG news article - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Major PG news article
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[ BCC to general and hackers.]

Here is a great PostgreSQL article that appeared recently.  It
highlights companies supporting PostgreSQL and our upcoming 7.5
features:

    http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/07/01/0721222.shtml?tid=72&tid=82

(I have submitted it to our News web page.)  Here is a glowing Slashdot
commentary on it:

    http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/01/1449227&mode=nested&tid=185&tid=187&tid=98&tid=99

This article is important for a few reasons.  First, it highlights our
upcoming 7.5 release and generates interest in the significant number of
features coming in this release.  Second, it highlights the companies
contributing to PostgreSQL.  This gives back public relations exposure
to these companies, and it also shows other companies they too can get
involved in funding PostgreSQL and its developers.

Josh was the key person helping with this story, and he did a fantastic
job!