Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on a windows XP Pro environment Installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chuck Bernardes
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on a windows XP Pro environment Installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks all in providing me some needed tips and information.  Being a newbie
to this environment, I was jumping from one set of README's from a previous
versions and the reading the current README's for 7.4.3 and was confused on
why one set of instructions was using the ipc-daemon2 and the current
version using cygserver.  In doing so, I also didn't realize the different
path information and daemon or cygserver that were being used i.e.  in the
previous version it was referencing /usr/share/postgresql/data and the
current was using /var/postgresql/data.  I still don't know why the paths
changed.  Does anyone know?   Overall, it was just a big mess in my part.  I
also found out that I didn't set my path and environmental variables
correctly.  After an exhaustive research based on previous past problems
that other users posted, I was able to knock a problem off one by one.
Sorry for being long winded, but just wanted to inform everyone that I was
finally able to get it running on XP pro.  Now on to configuring the
database and its tables for my Company's website.

Thanks,
Chuck