Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> 2. a small graphical manager is bundled
> pgAdmin do?

Like Andrew, I meant a GUI layer over initdb, pg_ctl
but also configuration of postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf.

It could be an applet in the main Windows menu bar:

- Blue icon means that PostgreSQL is running.
- Red icon means that PostgreSQL is stopped.
- Right-click gives access to
 + postgresql.conf GUI,
 + pg_hba.conf GUI,
 + start,
 + stop,
 + restart,
 + and maybe a tuning wizard.

Since I am not going to program this applet,
there is no need for me to write more :)

I know this kind of tool is on pgAdmin III radar :)

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel