Re: Interesting ECPG error - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Interesting ECPG error
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 05:11:01PM -0400, Owens, Steve wrote:

> I'm running 7.4.2 and using ECPG's dynamic SQL capabilities to run some pgplsql functions in a database, some of
whichjust insert records into a table. The dynamic SQL statement looks something like this:

Could you please run your program with logging enabled? Therefore you
just have to add this at the beginning of your program:

FILE *dbgs;
if ((dbgs = fopen("log", "w")) != NULL) ECPGdebug(1, dbgs);

and an fclose(dbgs) at the end of course. This creates a file named
"log". Then please send me that file. I'd like to see what's going on.

-220 btw is "No Connection" so I assume you mean -202 which is given if
a "?" is left after processing of all variables.

Also could you please send me the .pgc file and your .c file, i.e.
ecpg's output? Preferably in a small test case.

Thanks.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes