OSCON Organization Update - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject OSCON Organization Update
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Table:
We have the table information. David Fetter
will be the point man for the table.  I will
help with scheduling--I still owe email to
people who have volunteered.

Banner:
We are researching the banner costs.  Contact
me if you have helpful information.  We're
hoping for a plain postgresql logo.

Handouts:

1) Requesting brochures from any consultant
   or company providing consulting, support,
   training, etc. for PostgreSQL.  Your company
   pays for your brochures.  We'll just make
   them available at the table.  Show the world
   that PostgreSQL *does* have commercial support.

2) Ammunition for PHB
   My company (Varlena, LLC) is willing to produce
   a generic handout to provide ammunition for people to
   to take back to PHBs.  My cost will be that
   I will include my company logo and contact
   information discretely on this.

   Does anyone have
      a) problems with this?
      b) favorite executive summary points to
         contribute?
      c) Ready made content?

3) White papers
   Requesting any white papers of a general postgreSQL
   nature for conference distribution.

   I am going to hand out a version of one of my
   General Bits articles (current one summarizing
   where PostgreSQL stands with the Open Source
   Maturity Model http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits
   Comments on this article are *welcome*).

   Something like that.  With your name and company
   name (if appropriate) on the page.  We'll figure
   out printing costs.

Swag:

   Yes we are planning some swag.  Contact me and Josh Berkus
   for more details if you or your company would like to
   contribute or help.

OSCON Wiki:

   I strongly suggest that each attendee go to
   the OSCON wiki (http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/null?HomePage)
   and add your name to the list of Attendees.
   (monkey see, monkey do)  By using the word PostgreSQL on your
   page you will link to the communal PostgreSQL wiki page.

BoF:

   Wednesday 7pm Please plan on attending.
    We should make it a place to listen to people using postgresql.

   * Meet PostgreSQL speakers and core team members.
   * Hear the latest news about PostgreSQL 7.5.
   * Meet other PostgreSQL users.
   * Voice your comments, experience and ideas about PostgreSQL.

   Comments or Suggestions, anyone?

What else should I be thinking of that I have not mentioned here???

elein
elein@varlena.com        Varlena, LLC        www.varlena.com

          PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits   http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/