Re: Just to give an idea ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> note that the point of my point was that Josh's opinion appears to be that
>> "hub clients" are causing load issues on the servers, which is not
>> accurate ...
>
> So, if it's not Hub.org clients, how about doing a little sleuthing on
> what *is* causing the resource drain?
>
> Nobody but you has root access to the real server, Marc, so nobody but
> you can diagnose why so many of the PostgreSQL.org sites ... including
> pgFoundry.org ... are behaving like they're under constant DDOS attack.
> If nothing else, I'd think that you'd be getting complaints from your
> paying clients about this!

Truth be told ... only clients that notice anything are those running
webmail, and even on a 'dedicated machine' I find webmail to be dog slow

But, as far as pgfoundry.org is concerned, as was mentioned on the
gforge-admins list, Andrew got Jan to take a look through the tables, and
apparently there are few, if any, indices on them, which could account for
how slow things look ...

----