Re: Just to give an idea ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc,

> Truth be told ... only clients that notice anything are those running
> webmail, and even on a 'dedicated machine' I find webmail to be dog slow

Well ... that's Hordemail for you.   They packed it full of features, but
didn't every troubleshoot its performance issues.    A lot of the slowness of
Hordemail is the truly vast number of tiny images on the screen to make it
look "snazzy".

Communigate Pro webmail is a *lot* faster.   They acheived this by providing
only the essential features, and a bare-bones interface.  And, of course,
it's a commerical product (although very OSS-friendly).

> But, as far as pgfoundry.org is concerned, as was mentioned on the
> gforge-admins list, Andrew got Jan to take a look through the tables, and
> apparently there are few, if any, indices on them, which could account for
> how slow things look ...

Oh, I thought that had been fixed.   Will fix as soon as I find my login info
again.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions