Re: PostgreSQL certifications? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PostgreSQL certifications?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Evan Rempel wrote:
> Once again I agree. I'm just in a position that after 4 years of
> demonstrating that psql works, is stable, scalable and maintainable,
> I still can't get any interest from management. They was some form of
> guarantee that the DBA's can work with postgresql PRIOR to installing
> it. They want to send the DBA for training, but with no experience
> with the product, and no real guidance from www.postgresql.org as to
> where "Official" training can be obtained, they won't send the DBA's,
> thus they never get thier assurances, and they never really get
> interested in postgresql.

If you want an "official" trace of things then downloading some code
from the internet is probably the first mistake.  Get a support
contract, get supported code, and make sure documentation and training
is included in the package.  I'm sure you'll find something here:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php