Re: no ftp - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: no ftp
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 16:44:30 -0700,
  Mark Espinoza <mark.espinoza@adelphia.net> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I really had no idea who to send my email to, but here it goes.

This should probably be on general.

> I can't get to any of your ftp sites... NONE!

Can you get to anyone else's ftp sites? If not you probably have a firewall
blocking connections and you should try using passive mode or dropping the
firewall.

> I talked to my ISP, patched my modem and router, nada, zilch, nothing.

Did you try using traceroute or watching the packets using tcpdump or
etheral?

> Seems there's a router problem, except I can't for the life of me figure
> out why I can't get to any of your ftp sites, not even across the globe.
> HELP! Are all the ftp requests handled by www.postgresql.org   hmmmm,
> interesting.

If you are really stuck, consider doing an http download.