Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 May 2004, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I'd like to get the patch committed as soon as the 7.6 release cycle
> begins, with whatever limitations it has at that time.

The nice thing of this is that then you have a development cycle for
others to help ... your patch lays down the "this is the direction, now
add to it" ...

I'd love to see 7.6 start off with a bunch of very large patches that can
be then fleshed out over the course of the development cycle ... instead
of a bunch of patches at the end of teh development cycle cause everyone
is trying to squeeze things in ...

----