Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 01:53:19 -0300, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Not true ... you just have to fix your definition of what a feature is ...
> a feature is an improvement to the system, whether it be new
> functionality, or improved performance ... I consider the work Tom did on
> the IN performance in 7.4 to have been a major feature, considering that
> it made use of it *alot* more effective ...

Personally, I found the 7.4 prebeta had a number of minor features that I
wanted. So far I haven't seen many things of particular interest to me
in 7.5. I haven't played with it yet, since there has been what appears
to be some pretty significant changes in some fundemental parts of 7.5
and as such there appears to be more risk than there was at this point in
7.4s release cycle.

Based on what I read about several of the "big" projects, it seems like
the difference between a June 1 beta and a July 1 beta is worth taking
the extra month to have a better chance at getting some of these projects in.