Re: mingw configure failure detection - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: mingw configure failure detection
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I said:
> > Peter Eisentraut said:
> >>
> >> I continue to object to these sort of patches if no one wants to
> >> bother
> >>  to contact the mingw maintainers about this problem.  Maybe they have
> >> a  better fix available?

Basically, we document the bug workaround on the Win32 TODO list, and
remove the item and the patch once we find a solution.

> > I have already said I would follow it up. But the problem exists today
> > and shouldn't be left until we get an answer. Maybe it will take a week
> > or a month, or there will be no good answer at all.
> >

> It appears that Dann Corbit has filed a MinGW bug on this, with accurate
> problem description, but he received a less than stellar response. See
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=931263&group_id=2435&atid=102435
>
> (Despite previous speculation, he did indicate that the problem is
> intermittent, not constant).

I think we satisfy the specifications mentioned by the person replying.
Perhaps someone needs to follow up to state we are following the
specifications.