Re: mingw configure failure detection - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: mingw configure failure detection
Date
Re: mingw configure failure detection  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
I said:
> Peter Eisentraut said:
>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> This patch for configure.in detects the link failures in MINGW that I
>>> and others have seen and warns the user they have to fix it up.
>>
>> I continue to object to these sort of patches if no one wants to
>> bother
>>  to contact the mingw maintainers about this problem.  Maybe they have
>> a  better fix available?
>>

> I have already said I would follow it up. But the problem exists today
> and shouldn't be left until we get an answer. Maybe it will take a week
> or a month, or there will be no good answer at all.

It appears that Dann Corbit has filed a MinGW bug on this, with accurate
problem description, but he received a less than stellar response. See

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=931263&group_id=2435&atid=102435

(Despite previous speculation, he did indicate that the problem is
intermittent, not constant).

Cheers

andrew