Re: Comments on all system objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Comments on all system objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

> > The ability to comment on all types of catalog objects or actual
> > comments on all predefined catalog objects?  Both are more or less
> > reasonable.  But I think we should have some sort of
> > internationalization mechanism for the actual comments.
>
> One of my first commits for 7.5 was the format, I added being able to
> comment on about 5 new objects.  I intended the latter.  I guess I could
> clean up the functions and operators like Tom indicated, but that's all
> I'll do I guess.
>
> Internationalisation...hmmm...I don't know how to do that.  Can you put
> gettext around the builtins stuff?

Maybe design something like in psql. A perl script that grabs the help from an SGML document.

Internationalisation? Maybe when some groups provides the translation of an SGML.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br