Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 09:03:03AM +0200, Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

> If a feature freeze is made on August 1st or even later it would be ok
> because nobody is doing major database changes in summer anyway.

You seem to forget that half of the world is not in summer on August
1st.  I admit that 90% of the developers are not on _this_ half of the
world though ;-)  My point is that not necessarily development will stop
at that time.  Moreover, if there is nobody to test the beta, what good
does to have a feature freeze?

"Just treat us the way you want to be treated + some extra allowance
for ignorance."                                    (Michael Brusser)