Re: Distributions which contain postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Distributions which contain postgresql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
El Lun 03 May 2004 19:40, Dan Langille escribió:
> On Mon, 3 May 2004, elein wrote:
> > I'm looking for a semi-definitive list of
> > os distributions which contain postgresql
> > by default.
> >
> > RedHat, SuSE, Debian and cygwin all seem to have
> > it.  Does anyone know of others, if any?
>
> As a matter of interest, why are you interested only in operating systems
> which install PostgreSQL by default.  To me, installing it by
> default, without giving the use a choice, is a bad thing.

I think she[1] means distributions that have PostgreSQL inside (you don't have
to go out there looking for it.

I think that all the major Linux distributions[2] have it, and maybe (not 100%
sure) the *BSD.

[1]: I suspect a "she" from the name elein. I hope I'm not wrong.
[2]: You can add Mandrake to the list.

--
 07:50:02 up 5 days, 13:12,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.19, 0.18
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'