Re: Plan for feature freeze? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Plan for feature freeze?
Date
Re: Plan for feature freeze?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Plan for feature freeze?  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

> > >We could go for September 1st, which would mean most are back from
> > >holidays, in order to do beta testing ... and no, I'm not serious ...
> > >

> > Why not? Seemed like a fairly good argument both yours and mine ;)
>
> To me, it ranks up there with "lets freeze someday in the future" ...

For me even September 1st does not seem too late. Major version up
bring users pains including backup/restore application
imcompatibilty... IMO to justify those pains we need to give users
major enhancements. Honestly I don't understand why we should rush the
major version up.
--
Tatsuo Ishii